At MUIDS, everyone should feel safe. We will do everything that possible to make sure that students are protected and feel safe for their learning. In order for this to happen, there are rules and policies to follow.
There is a family friendly policy (shortened version) to help you understand what safeguarding means and it helps you decide what to do if you observe or experience a Safeguarding problem. There's also a full version of the policy for your review and a Reporting an Issue link for you to use.
- A child cannot learn unless they are happy.
- A child cannot be happy unless they are safe.
The reason a Safeguarding policy was created:
- Mahidol University International Demonstration School (MUIDS) recognizes its responsibilities for child protection.
- The policy applies to all staff working or visiting the school.
- The student’s welfare is paramount and must override and underpin everything we do.
- All students are entitled to protection irrespective of culture, age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity.
- Our aim should be to minimize damage to the student and promote recovery.
- Any person who has concerns about the welfare of a child must report the concern to a Safeguarding Officer or the Safeguarding Lead. Reporting link here
- The school has designated Safeguarding Officers (SGO) with responsibility for Child Protection. Click here for the link to the SGO contact details.
- Our community understands that MUIDS has designated Safeguarding Officers to facilitate reports and guide the community about Child Protection processes.
- Our Safeguarding Policy is reviewed on an ongoing basis and is aligned with our WASC accreditation review.
- Our Safeguarding Policy is aligned with Thailand laws, international laws & human rights policies (United Nations) and international safeguarding standards.
- We respond to suspected incidents of abuse or harm with due diligence and professionalism.
- We support our students' Social Emotional Learning when they are at difficult points in their life.
- Our recruitment procedures are aligned with reputable recruiting agencies such as Schrole and we hire staff who are verified as safe to work with children.
- We educate our students on how to keep themselves safe.
- MUIDS is a safe campus for our community of learners.