The Mahidol University International Demonstration School, hereafter referred to as MUIDS or the School strongly believes in safeguarding the wellbeing of its community. To that end, MUIDS invests substantial effort towards protecting all their stakeholders including Students, Parents and MUIDS’ employees. To achieve these goals, we’ve adopted the following policies and will continuously monitor and review our policies to ensure we are complaint with Thailand’s PDPA (Personal Data Protection Act of 2019).
- Stake holders include
- Staff and or individuals employed by MUIDS in any capacity, including full-time and part-time employees. This excludes contracted companies and individuals.
- Students are current, prospective or past students (Alumni) enrolled at MUIDS.
- Parents are current, prospective or past parents, and/or legal guardians, of a student or students at MUIDS.
Cookies: are small pieces of information stored on your computer (Browser) to indicate sites that you have visited – and are used only in conjunction with Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel for the purpose of enhancing the School’s website.
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Pixel
School Information Systems - Policies
- Personal information of all stakeholders (students, parents and staff) of MUIDS is stored within PowerSchool Systems. PowerSchool Group LLC maintains a detailed and strict privacy and security policy certified by AIPCO and ISO and can be accessed here: https://www.powerschool.com/privacy/#iiia
- To ensure data security MUIDS’s servers are all hosted on-site or on-premise, and Personal Information is not stored or transmitted to any 3rd party or cloud service.
- All reasonable efforts to keep PowerSchool System and our Server’s Operating System up to date is carried out frequently keeping without disrupting the server uptime.
- All staff, parents, students and alumni agree upon initiating their relationship with MUIDS that the School shall keep their personal information on file in PowerSchool for the duration of their time as members of the School community as a matter of academic record, evidence of services rendered and/or as evidence of employment.
- MUIDS will not disclose the personal information of a student to third parties without the consent of the student’s parent or legal guardian. This excludes non-identifiable disclosure of academic records for the purposes of accreditation, academic research, statistical analysis, and disclosure under subpoena by Thai law.
- As indicated in the MUIDS enrollment documents, MUIDS reserves the right to use photographs and other visual media containing the images of MUIDS parents, students and alumni in online and print media. In such cases the school will not post the full legal names of students or alumni who have yet to reach the age of 18 with that media, unless permission is granted from parents, to preserve their privacy.
- Instances of online media include, but are not limited to, the MUIDS website, social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Linked-in, news sites, and third parties which have been granted permission by MUIDS for the purposes of promotion of education-related content.
- Instances of print media include, but are not limited to, school brochures and flyers, the school magazine, advertisements, newspapers and magazines that publish MUIDS press releases, and third parties which have been granted permission by MUIDS for the purposes of promotion of education-related content.
- In cases in which published media, whether in online or print form, utilizes extensive interviews with students, further consent will be sought from the parents of those students.
Online Enrollment for Prospective Students
MUIDS stores student data on this platform temporarily until a student is admitted into the school at which point all their personal-data is transferred to the PowerSchool System. Regardless of whether prospective student is enrolled into the school the personal data on this system is responsibly destroyed post each Admissions Cycle to ensure the privacy of MUID’s Stakeholders. Like all of MUIDS’s Systems the Admissions platform is also updated regularly and is maintained on-premise. Personal Data stored on the admissions platform is only available to the relevant MUIDS employees responsible for deciding admissions and is never shared to 3rd parties.
Generally, the personal data that we collect and process, includes but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Identification number (ID card) / Passport number
- Contact Details
- Date of birth
- Previous Qualifications / Education History
- Personal email Address
- Marital Status
- Emergency contact person(s) details
- Family / guardian information
Special Category Data
- Health Records
- Academic Records
- Records of misconduct and disciplinary actions
- Recors of crimial offence
How Is Your Data Collected?
- Enquiries to the school
- Various applications and registration forms
- All other school and services-related request forms
- Previous qualifications, certificates and similar documents
How Is Your Data Used?
- To process applications for admission
- Granting access to Mahidol University Services, I.e., MU-WIFI, Google Account, Office 365 Account, and Library services.
- To communicate with students and parents in respect to any important announcements, including matters relating academics, progress and health.
- To maintain students’ personal details, academic and non-academic records.
- To provide relevant administrative support and counseling services.
- To manage the use of facilities such as library, computer systems, standardized testing (MAPS, AP), etc.
- To conduct graduation events
- To invoice tuition fees and other payments
- To contact students’ legal guardian in case of emergencies
- To comply with any regulatory, audit or security-related requirements
Right to Access
Mr. Task H